Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday, January 9th

Back to school, I send a note to his teacher about the discovery to warn her he can't eat anything with gluten and that it's possible she will see some weird behaviors as we wean him. Hopefully she understands, I got the feeling no one at school really though I was on to something with this gluten intolerance issue. We'll prove them wrong :-) At this point, just seeing how much impact the gluten has had, with the hives alone but little things like he seems to be better coordinated, doesn't bump into things, seems to have more stamina. Granted it's only been a few days and his pedi did warn not to expect changes overnight. So far I wouldn't say it's an overnight change but there are some subtle changes that you can't ignore.

I didn't sleep well, I was frustrated with myself for not seeing this sooner, feeling like we've poisoned him for years and mad that school hasn't emailed or called me to at least acknowledge the info I gave them! Hives again tonight..

1 comment:

  1. Stupid school people. But not being medical professionals it's not expected of them. But to dismiss you is out of line.

    ReplyDelete